The Divinity Schools, Old Bodleian Library

£39.00

  • Image Colour


  • Image Size

    Frame style


    Glazing options

    Size/option additions

    • 0 £
    • 10 £
    • 14 £
    • 0 £
    • 10 £
    • 15 £
    • 15 £
    • 20 £
    • 40 £
SKU: 015.
2 Categories

The Divinity Schools, part of the University of Oxford, is a medieval building attached to the Bodleian Library and built between 1427 and 1483 for the teaching of theology. It’s the University’s oldest surviving purpose-built teaching room, and its first examination hall – a classic example of the Perpendicular period in English architecture. The ceiling consists of very elaborate lierne vaulting with bosses, designed by William Orchard in the 1480s.

Photograph: © Martin Anderson

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “The Divinity Schools, Old Bodleian Library”