The Divinity Schools, part of the University of Oxford, is a medieval building attached to the Bodleian Library and built between 1427 and 1483 for the teaching of theology. It’s the University’s oldest surviving purpose-built teaching room, and its first examination hall – a classic example of the Perpendicular period in English architecture. The ceiling consists of very elaborate lierne vaulting with bosses, designed by William Orchard in the 1480s.
Photograph: © Martin Anderson.
Reviews
There are no reviews yet.