Sheldonian Theatre Stone Emperor’s Head, Oxford
Buy a framed print of Darrell Godliman’s photograph of one of the emperors’ carved stone head outside the Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford. Completed in 1669, there were originally 14 heads; one was removed in the early 18th century to make way for the Clarendon building and the remaining 13 lasted until 1868. Their replacements were made of poor stone and only lasted until 1970. The latest set of heads were erected in 1972 – not nearly as old as they look. Darrell Godliman is a Photographer based near Oxford and has been taking travel and architectural images for over twenty five years.
Photograph: © Darrell Godliman.